DEACON FAMILY MINISTRY
How Can A Deacon Help You?
What is the Deacon Family Ministry Plan?
It is a plan through which the deacons can join the pastor and church staff in ministering to the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of each church member and family. The resident church families are divided into groups of ten or more families. Each group of families is then assigned to a deacon who will minister to them over a period of time.
A part of each deacons' meeting is spent praying about specific needs of families and rejoicing over needs met and victories won. Another part of the meeting may be used in developing deacons' skills in ministering to family needs.
How can a deacon help you?
Of course, you are the only one who can answer that question.
However, there are some specific ways your deacon wants to try to help:
- Witnessing to unsaved family members. – One of your deacon’s chief concerns is that every member of your family knows Christ as Savior.
- Rejoicing with you and your family. – Your deacon will share your joy when you celebrate important events or accomplishments in your life.
- Being a friend. – As your deacon listens to your troubles and concerns, you will know someone who cares.
- Giving support in times of crisis.
- Answering questions about your faith or about your church or denomination. – Your deacon will try to find the answers for you.
- Helping you know and have fellowship with other members and families in the church.
- Helping you find ways to serve in and through the church
- Praying for you and with you.
In the Deacon Family Ministry Plan, every member and every family have a deacon. The more effectively the plan works in our church, the closer our church will come to being a real family in Christ. Your cooperation will help make the plan work. Feel free to call your deacon. Your deacon will seek to help you or link you to another helping person.